The perks of having a Private Portable Spa
Not all public spas provide a clean, safe environment for bathing. Better safe than sorry. Don’t let someone else’s germs get you. While sanitizing agents like chlorine can help decrease the risk of spreading infections, it’s not foolproof, and only works if used properly. Though usually pretty effective in swimming pools, it tends to be less effective in spas because higher temperatures can break down chemicals, decreasing their efficacy. Improperly maintained spa can lead to a number of undesirable infections. As with any recreational water activities, the possibility is always present, but the proper precautions can mitigate most of the risk and allow you to relax in your hot tub as intended. Here we can talk about the top three things to look out for when using a public spa as well as the top three reasons to invest in a portable private spa for you.
The Dangers of a Public Spa
Recreational water illnesses (RWI) are not uncommon problems. They can happen in the ocean, in local swimming holes, in public pools, and yes, even in hot tubs. So here are the top three things to look out for when looking to relax in a public spa.
- Smell in the Air. Try the sniff test. If the water smells funky, dank or acrid, keep out. They’re not taking care of it, and it’s not safe.
- Bad Foam. If mounds of foam are still floating on the water when the jets are turned off, don’t get in. That means the water hasn’t been filtered correctly and probably needs sanitizing.
- Bio-film. If you notice a strange odor, cloudy water, slime, floating debris, the hot tub is contaminated, regular sanitizers will not help, and often your pipes and filter can aid in the growth of the bio-film.
Beyond that, bathers and the human effect have a tendency to make matters worse. Skin lotion, sunscreen, hair products, and sweat deplete chlorine levels in any body of water. Then there’s the potential of other contaminants, like urine bathers secretly release (which they incorrectly assume is harmless). All of these contaminants can rob chlorine of its potency, while not infectious; can cause irritation of the skin, eyes, and respiratory tract. We know that these are things to look for in any spa, however with your own private spa you can maintain and control many of these problems.
The Perks of a Private Spa
Our spas are affordable and easy to transport, making them a great investment even if you relocate often. Hot tubs are not only a wonderful source of relaxation, but can improve your overall health. Our favorite part of a spa is the fun & leisure. Spas provide a relaxing environment to share with your friends and family. And best part? Spas are very easy to maintain and keep balanced. With our AS418B you can have it better than a public spa and here are the top three reasons why.
- Privacy – A spa becomes a private and safe place where you can relax, let their guard down, and truly open up. In this distraction-free zone, you’ll enjoy meaningful conversation and special moments with the people you care about most, and as a result relationships grow stronger.
- Hydrotherapy – Hydrotherapy benefits include an increase in your immune system, an improvement in your digestive system, and a boost to your circulatory system, which helps your body repair damaged tissues. It is also important to note that the warm water of the hot tub allows your internal organs to work slower, which in turn helps decrease your ability to feel the pain of an ailment or injury.
- High Quality Jets – Public spas Hot tubs have low quality jets to keep cost and maintenance down when you invest in a private spa you can have quality and cost efficiency. Our different types of jets offer many benefits to your health. The SQR jets are positioned in various configurations to deliver unique hydrotherapy massages that pinpoint specific areas of the body.
Take a good look at the internal components of our AS418B, our spa comes ready to use with a plug n play kit. This convenient kit reduces installation costs since you can simply plug in your spa and soak – saving you money! With a plug n play spa you eliminate all of this as the tub comes with a simple 3-prong 110v cord that can plug into any outlet. Additionally a plug and play hot tub is not hard wired into a permanent outside gfci box it makes it easier to take with you if you ever move.
American Spas AM-418B 2-Person Hot Tub 18 Jets Plug-In-Play system, Handrail waterfall Spa LED light Multi Color – Completely relax in your 2-Person Hot Tub from American Spas. 18 Powerful stainless steel massage jets will make you feel totally relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated. While specifically located hand jets soothe away your palm and wrist tension. Adjustable settings allow you to alternate a selection of colors for a visually stimulating experience. Thanks to a 50 Sq. Ft. Bio-Clean Filter with TeleWeir Gate, the spa water will always be pristine. No other 2-person spa features a filter of this size or keeps your spa water as fresh as the day you filled it.
By cutting the stresses and dangers of a public spa you can improve you overall well being at home. When you own your own a private spa, you have easy access to an excellent means of stress relief, and a truly relaxing experience in your home or yard. With such easy access to relaxation, the benefits of hydrotherapy, and much more, owning a spa can truly change your life for the better. A nice, long soak in your own hot tub is beneficial to not only your body, but also your mind, offering you a perfect way to release stress.