The US Department of Health and Human Services, has stated, “there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and/or hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
Obviously, in order to prevent illness is to not be exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, take everyday preventive actions to help avoid the spread of respiratory diseases, which include:
- Avoid being around people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick
- When soap and water are not available, always use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Always wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Frequently, use a regular household cleaning spray or wipe to clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces.
- Always over your mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Not recommended for people who are well, to wear a facemask, to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- People who show symptoms of COVID-19 should wear facemasks to help prevent possible spread of disease to others.
Above all, do not panic or overreact, but rather engage in sound planning for the good of everyone.
American Spas cares and wants to reassure that hot tubs are safe. Please use all precautionary measures to protect yourself and others during this time.