We’re a month into summer, and the season of social gatherings is upon us. Take advantage of temperate summer nights and get together with those close to you by hosting a hot tub party! Here are five tips to help you kick it off without a hitch:
- Clean Your Spa Ahead of Time Nothing says “relaxation” like a good-looking spa. Take the time to test your spa’s water quality with a reagent test kit or test strips. Total alkalinity (TA) is the measure of alkaline substances in your spa’s water. It is recommended that your spa’s TA be between 80-120 PPM. For more information on how to maintain your American Spas Hot Tub, click here.
- Size Matters Keep in mind the number of seats available in your spa when inviting guests to your get-together. American Spas hot tubs range in a variety of sizes, from intimate 2-person spas to spacious 6-person spas. While not all of your invitees might decide to take a dip, make sure that you don’t overextend yourself or your spa.
- Keep Extra Towels Handy Make sure to have extra towels close by. Anticipate some guests leaving their towels at home, or even inside. By being prepared, you will prevent excess dripping throughout your home.
- Create a Fun and Relaxing Atmosphere Whether you’re sticking to a theme or just winging it, decorate the area. Furnishing the area with fun or relaxing items will create an aesthetically pleasing setting. Get creative with your playlists, too! Background music can help set the tone for your evening.
- “Dip Before You Sip” Before you dismiss the saying as an old wives’ tale, here is an important fact: both alcoholic beverages and hot tubs raise your body temperature and expand your blood vessels. This can cause inebriation to set on much more quickly. Enjoying your beverages after a soothing soak keeps everyone safe and having a good time. Be sure to supply other drinks (water!), too.